Saturday, 23 January 2016

FOOD, SO MUCH FOOD

This entire week has been filled with food, food and more food. I am definitely a lot fatter and a lot more broke after the past few days.

To recap the very happening but exhausting and money-draining week:

Monday


Dinner with Yaxue at Nakhon Kitchen, Holland Village branch. 
Pad Thai (without beansprouts, he he)

Mango Sticky Rice
Their Mango Sticky Rice was quite disappointing :( The rice was too hot and not soft enough, the mango was not cold and not sweet enough.

Tuesday


Woke up and reached school really early on Tuesday morning, but it was a blessing in disguise because I got to see this! 
NUS looked so magical for that brief moment.

Visited Fringe Cafe with Yaxue, which was extremely nostalgic because that used to be our favourite hangout place after school. We would sit there and talk for hours, and nobody from our school ever went to that boring mall which means we could gossip without anyone overhearing >:)
Iced Mocha and Mango Smoothie (or ice blend, I forgot the name), both of which were really good!

I feel so old to actually have a 老地方 to visit and reminisce.

Wednesday


Oh and did I mention, it has been a horrible week of sudden downpours every day. Urgh.
Look at the ominous skies.

Had lunch at Chye Seng Huat Hardware, and it was kinda nice to sit in a cosy cafe while it poured outside.
The Huat Breakfast + Iced Latte
I loved their scrambled eggs and iced latte! Yaxue the coffee snob gave their coffee her stamp of approval.

We wanted to try Tiramisu Hero as well, but it was closed. Apparently they close on the third Wednesday of each month. Our timing was so perfect, kns.

Never mind, because that cleared up some stomach space for the highlight of the week... Jumbo!!!

We shared TWO crabs among the two of us, which was so bloody shiok. No need to fight for pincers because we had two each, hehehehehe.

Yum yum Chilli Crab.

Yum yum Black Pepper Crab.

Look at us eagerly anticipating our crabs, in our aprons and all.

And here's an emo nemo photo of Yaxue.
She thinks the breakwater looks like a dick. Is that why she is emo?

Thursday



Dinner at Chomp Chomp!

Stingray from Boon Tat Seafood, wings from Chong Pang Huat.
The wings were good (although I suspect there might be even better ones at the food centre). The stingray on the other hand... tasted rather fishy and uncooked. It felt like I was eating raw fish, ugh.

Had dessert at 一碗甜品, which was when I had a mindblowing revelation... THEIR DURIAN MOUSSE IS MUTHAFUCKIN AMAZING!!!
Looks so unphotogenic and unassuming, but do not be fooled.
Okay, they have always been famous for their durian mousse, and I knew about it. I just dismissed it in the past because I thought I did not care for durians and would not like durian desserts. HOW WRONG I WAS.

The mousse was so incredibly creamy, smooth and fragrant. It tasted exactly like durian - not durian-flavoured cream, but durian flesh that just happened to be a slightly creamier consistency. And you can see for yourself the generous, luxurious lump of real durian fruit, which tasted so heavenly.

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe I stupidly ordered Mango Pomelo Sago in the past because I thought I did not like durian enough to order this. I HAVE SEEN THE ERROR OF MY WAYS.

I could not stop spazzing to Yaxue about how much I love the durian mousse, and I am still going on and on about it now. After we left, I turned to Yaxue and said, "I miss the durian mousse already." And then I went home and continued raving about it to my dad, ha ha ha.

Friday


Oh my, Friday was such a busy day.

Lunch with Yaxue before she flies off yet again, then went to The Escape Artist with the amazing race progs team! We tried Jack the Ripper, which was a little scary at times but still manageable. I feel like I have grown braver leh, hehe.
Ok yes we completed it but they gave us double the time and loads of hints, heh.

Rushed for lecture after that since I was late (oops), then headed to Art After Dark.
Yet another ominous sky. 

It suddenly poured really crazily right after I took the above photo. Gillman Barracks was not the most sheltered place, and Art After Dark did not seem to take wet weather into consideration when planning their layout, so the rain really killed my mood for the exhibitions.
People slowly creeping back outdoors after the rain subsided.

Confession: I understood nothing at the exhibition. I can look at the paintings and think "wahhh so pretty" but I cannot appreciate and understand all the artsy-fartsy stuff going on behind it. What brush strokes contemporary blah blah, I really have no idea.
Vicky trying to act like she is appreciating all that art.

I thought this looked pretty but really, I have no idea what it is about. 

The words say: This is a landscape painting with trees & cows & shit.
Now this I appreciate.

Next up: Swee Choon Tim Sum Restaurant.

Recreating our Night-Festival-Followed-By-Swee-Choon-Supper experience, was the Art-After-Dark-Followed-By-Swee-Choon-Supper.
And no, this was not all we ordered.

Overly-attached suite ^_^
I am looking all cui from the long day of lunch > escape room > lecture > art after dark > swee choon supper, from 12nn to 12mn.

Okay, I think I have gone out more than enough this week. It is time to be a recluse and nurse my social exhaustion. 3am now, bloody tired, time to sleep, g'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment