Wednesday, 9 December 2015

MIDWEEK FOOD SPAM

It is only midweek and I have already eaten so much food, oh my goodness??!?

Monday


This week started off on a shitty note. Urgh. Thankfully, I took half day off and had an impromptu meet-up with Dor, followed by dinner with some T4 batch mates, yay!

Lunched at Fatboy's and left with a near-exploding belly because their angmoh portions were too much for me. 

I found their burgers rather normal, but the fries were good!!! They were chunky without being soggy and limp, which was perfect. 

fatboy's truffle fries shrooms
FATGIRL after eating this.

Finished lunch at 3pm and somehow managed to stuff down dinner at 7pm. My stomach must be very elastic.

Nando's chicken was soooo good I attacked it non-stop and even ate the skin, which I seldom do. The "mediterranean rice" was bullshit though, just make fried rice at home.

nando's 1/4 quarter chicken
Slightly crackly and very flavourful skin, with extremely tender and juicy meat!!!

Strolled to Somerset after that for dessert at O'ma Spoon. This is the best bingsu I have had so far, and it is so shiok to dig into a soft, fluffy mountain of snowy shaved ice when you live in Singapore. 

o'ma spoon soy bingsu
I could built a little igloo and live in this pile of shaved ice.

Tuesday


Was feeling rather sian to go to work on Tuesday after my hellish Monday morning, but it turned out pretty well after all! 

Like I told myself on Monday night after angsting on Instagram and deleting it when my mood improved, 明天会更好 ˚✧₊⁎( ˘ω˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚

Walked around Telok Ayer to look for a lunch spot and decided on SONS Bacaro, which had a rather reasonable lunch menu.

They were very generous with their portions, and everybody's food was amazing except for mine.

Tip: do not order the carbonara, it just tastes salty. 

sons bacaro carbonara
But ok lah looks quite good because of the wobbly egg.

 Wednesday


Met up with Tim for dinner, yay to our long-overdue catch up!

We met at Pasarbella's new Suntec outlet but there was nothing interesting to try, and so we headed to the Pasarbella @ The Grandstand instead!

pasarbella grandstand

 I am so glad we decided to change our dinner venue because the food was amazing!!!

We had the chicken quesadilla from Sea Salt Caribbean Deli, which was so yummy I did not even bother picking out the vegetables.

Tim's friend was working at Keith Cracking Roast and gave us food for free, so sweet!!! The Honey Pork Roast was good, but the Cracking Pork Roast really stole the show.

I never bothered eating sio bak because I find fatty meat disgusting, but since we got this for free, I decided to give it a try.

The skin is so crackly and crispy, I want to make chips with it and eat it out of a bag. Even at the end of our meal, after it sat there soaking in some yummy honey sauce, it was still so crunchy till the very last bite.

pasarbella grandstand keith crackling roast sea salt mediterranean deli
I AM SORRY SIO BAK FOR DISMISSING YOU ALL THIS WHILE. I HAVE FINALLY RECOGNISED JUST HOW YUMMY YOU ACTUALLY ARE AND WHY PEOPLE ALWAYS RAVE ABOUT YOU. I AM ALSO SORRY I LET THE GUACAMOLE STEAL THE LIMELIGHT IN THIS PICTURE.

What started out as a terrible week has taken a turn for the better ◠ ◡ ◠

Christmas lunch and secret santa gift exchange at work tomorrow, then off day on Friday (omg yay!!!!) so I am meeting Nichol for good food and shopping.

I am currently in the December-is-the-Friday-of-the-year mood, hee hee.

And now, I shall end this post with my motto in life:

No comments:

Post a Comment