Monday, 17 August 2015

SG50 WEEKEND

LIFE HAS BEEN INCREDIBLY HECTIC THIS WEEK OMG. Left work after 10pm on Wednesday and Thursday, hahaha ꒰⁎×﹏×⁎꒱՞༘✡

This was supposed to be an SG50 weekend post, but I started this post on Thursday 6 August and only finished it now. It's not even National Day anymore (although I keep singing Home over and over again #brainwashingsuccess)

Anyway... how I spent my SG50 long weekend!

The LKY Musical


Watched The LKY Musical with Dawn on Thursday. Free tickets because #jobperks hehe (~˘▾˘)~

My suite mate + alarm clock + LKY Musical buddy!

The good:

Adrian Pang was brilliant. He imitated Lee Kuan Yew's posture and gait rather accurately, he sang really well and you could feel the chemistry and passion as he performed. I felt he lived up to the expectations of portraying Lee Kuan Yew.

The set was impressive as well. It kinda looks like tic-tac-toe, and I loved how they made use of the space. Okay, I don't really know what I'm saying so I'll let the photos do the talking.

My photo does not do any justice to the set.

They projected videos onto the set at certain points and the effects were really cool (such a shallow description hehe).

So many things going on in each segmented frame

The Bad:

Sharon Au had such an excruciatingly artificial accent when she spoke, oh my goodness. And since it was so unnatural, *poof* there goes any chemistry between her and Adrian Pang. It would've been so sweet otherwise, portraying the relationship between Lee Kuan Yew and his wife. Also, her singing was weak but still tolerable, unlike her accent.

Random rant, but this kid was watching YouTube videos on a tablet during the show. What the fuck?! I don't understand why her parents didn't stop her. Sigh, I am turning into a grouchy old auntie who complains about children who 没家教.

Overall, I felt the musical was not bad (although I might feel differently if I had to pay for the tickets). It was a good start to the National Day weekend!

I felt a sudden surge of patriotism after the second half of the musical, especially with the ending. So, I decided to listen to NDP songs while walking across the Helix Bridge and admiring the view as I made my way to the bus stop.

I am honestly quite proud to call this my workplace (´ ꒳ ` )

I have been here so many times that this area has lost its novelty on me, but the skyline still looks stunning every single time. Amazing view to end the night!

Roaming around town with Nichol


Saturday was filled with good food and museums!

I always complain about the crowd in town and Singapore can get rather boring at times, but somehow, there will always be new food to try and new places to explore. 

Jio-ed Nichol to try the food at Angelina, which managed to surpass and fail expectations at the same time.

I was quite excited to try their Hot Chocolate, but went for iced chocolate instead due to the heat. Also, hot drinks and main course seem like a strange pairing. Well, big mistake. The chocolate was really thick (and that is quite an understatement), and that consistency did not go well with ice. 

$12 for a cup of iced chocolate.

The main course was much better. I decided to go ahead and splurge on food that day, so I got the pan fried scallops.

Restaurants are usually super stingy with their seafood, so I braced myself for pathetic portions. Turns out, the dish came with four huge-ass scallops!!! And the scallops were gooood ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

SO SHIOK PLEASE. NO REGRETS.


Headed to Singapore Art Museum after that, because we are just such cultured people ( ̄へ ̄)

Actually... we were most excited for the photobooth, ha ha (⁄ ⁄^⁄ᗨ⁄^⁄ ⁄)

$2 for these two photo strips. Cheaper than neoprints!

Probably one of the most Singaporean footwear you can find.

There was a "Will I" wall where you complete the sentence "Will I..." and pin it up.

See if you can spot mine! Nichol said mine was very emo, heh.

My 'act hipster' shot

I think this traffic light pole can actually belong to the SAM exhibit.

Made our way to National Museum Singapore after that! Jio-ed Nichol there because my bus passed by the museum and the Masak Masak playground looked interesting.

This was so cute! They had a bouncy castle that looks like the dragon playground.

The ball and boat origami I used to make when I was young!

Giant country erasers.

Omg I just remembered how we used to staple the bottom of country erasers so that they can spin. And all the other random games we played in primary school to entertain ourselves in class. Kids can really be quite innovative when bored, hahaha.

Looked around the Singapura: 700 Years exhibition as well, but it was too crowded for me to enjoy it. Had to squeeze through everyone, grr I really hate crowds.

Meet up with Dor


Finally met up with Dorothy! It's been awhile.

Lunched at Hoshino Coffee because Souffle Pancakes!!! ╰། ❛ ڡ ❛ །╯

They tasted more like madeleines, but still good!

And although I was initially excited for the pancakes, the French Toast turned out to be even better!

So fluffy and pillowy! And that's cream, not ice cream.

I can never take nice food photos because I am too eager to tuck in, hehe. Food is more important than Instagram-worthy photos.

Wandered around Chinatown area because Dor wanted to change her watch strap. Then I bought some beancurd tarts from Le Cafe, which is such an act-atas name ha ha ha. It's actually a traditional bakery lor, why act 一个 French??!

Anyway, the beancurd tarts only come in a box of 8 so I was forced to buy 8 of it (;¬_¬)

We ended up sitting at Starbucks for awhile, and tried to wobble the beancurd tarts while Snapchatting??? Basically, we looked like retards. Re-tarts, ha ha.

-

Anyway, this sums up my SG50 weekend! It took me 11 days to complete this post, sigh it's been a really busy week. I'm not complaining though, cos I enjoy what I'm doing and I like being so productive ⌒°(ᴖ◡ᴖ)°⌒

Looking forward to a week full of meet-ups, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment