Tuesday, 25 August 2015

BIRTHDAY BRUCH, NIGHT FESTIVAL & CATCHING UP

Life's been good lately! Buuuut... I predict a hectic month ahead, so I've been squeezing all the meet-ups I can before things get crazy.

Time for photo spams!

Dawn's 21st


Was up bright and early on a Saturday morning for Dawn's birthday brunch! There was a picnic in the park, and everything was just so Dawn-ish.

I love the photos! Credits to Dawn's cousin Wenn Er ≡(*′▽`)っ

Awkward family photo. This was my idea, oops.

I looove candids and this is such a happy shot! It's now my wallpaper (∩_∩)

And finally a normal-looking photo.

Tembusu Misc. We were the odd ones out because her bunch of TKampung friends formed the majority.

With the birthday girl! I love this photo a lot too!

There were a few performances planned and for the last one, they surprised Dawn by making her go up and sing along too. Chose one of her favourite songs on purpose, hehe.

Tsk, Dawn trying to pull away.

And a random photo I took cos Andy looks so sweet here, aww (◡‿◡✿)

Group photo!

And then this little boy came along so we decided to give him two balloons since the party has ended.

HE WAS SO ADORABLE!!! (∩˃o˂∩)♡

His helper tied the balloons to his pants drawstring, and he went around trying to chase the balloons. It's like a dog chasing its tail, aww. Sneakily took a Snapchat video (⌐▨_▨)

video


Oh, and this is random but I saw a shopping cart casually floating about in the canal. Dafuq?!

Clearly, I wasn't the only one amused by this sight.

Walked around Marina area after that and had a great catch-up with Andy. So much gossip to share, teehee (◠ ◡ ◠)

Time spent with this bunch of lovely people never fail to boost my mood! School would suck big time without them. Sigh, don't want to think about going back next semester and facing school without Tembusu.

Singapore Night Festival


Met Mabel after that for Singapore Night Festival!

I'm a sucker for pretty night lights, so I just had to go. Geez, I must be a moth in my past life or something. And now I've reincarnated to a pig.

The whole Bras Basah.Bugis area was so packed. They even had traffic guards controlling the hoards of people at traffic junctions. I absolutely detest crowds, so that kinda sucked.

Still, there were some pretty cool installations so I didn't mind making a trip down.

Time for more photos!

Le Désir et la Menace by Cedric Le Borgne

Drawn in Light by Ralf Westerhof

Random spiky lights that, according to Mabel, looked like the lamps at Ikea.

Not captured was The Anooki Celebrate Singapore by David Passegand & Moetu Batlle. This one was so adorable! Little Inuits running amok at the National Museum へ( ʘ͡ ₒ ʘ͡ )╮/\╱\

There was also this drum performance by World Beaters Music, which I liked a lot because I looove drums. I love all percussion instruments. I want to learn drums one day but I don't know how I'll find the time and whether it's worth the money :(

Anyway, before I sidetrack. We got sick of being squashed with the sweaty crowd, so we decided to hide at this cafe at SAM called 7 Kickstart.

The food was so-so. We got the Seasalt Caramel Latte, which was pretty tasteless to me, and Umami Fries, which were rather tasty. The fries seasoning tasted like a less salty version of those fish flakes they put on Takoyaki.

I don't know why I take photos even when the food looks meh.

Was out from morning till midnight on Saturday. So tiring but such an amazing day with great company!

Meet-up with Choonz and Zhenying


Met Choon Khee and Zhenying after work on Monday!

Dinner at D'Good Cafe was just same old, same old. Got the usual Eggs Benedict, which I've had so many times I don't see the point in posting a photo anymore.

We sat there and talked till they had to close shop, haha. It's been awhile since we've talked (^ _ ^)

Then there was the awkward moment of wanting to take a group photo but hesitating before finally mustering the courage to ask a stranger for help. And yet, despite all that trouble, we ended up asking three different strangers to take photos at three different locations. Heh.

We realised we were coincidentally wearing matchy Christmas colours! ✩*⋆ ⍋*☪⋆⍋⋆*✩

Work


Work has been alright. I am getting a little bored of the PR reports because it is so brainless and repetitive. Still, even the most dreaded chore is just tolerable at worst. This might sound preposterous, but I very much prefer when work is busy and hectic. Strangely, that is the most awake I will be.

I feel like blogging more about my internship, but I think I'll leave that till the end of my six months just in case anyone at work stumbles upon my blog. Sorry, I shy.

In other news, I am really glad I passed the media tour test! ꉂꉂ ( ˆᴗˆ )

Not sure how that happened, and it really feels like a fluke, but ah well all I need to focus on right now is proving that it was not a mere fluke ᕙ༼◕ ᴥ ◕༽ᕗ

Went for a tour on my own before the actual test to familiarise myself with the route, and decided to take more photos because the excitement of visiting the suite and SkyPark has not worn off yet, hehe.

A bath with a view. Life goals.

Okay, I just have one photo for now.

My life goal is to be able to take a bath in this tub and soak in that view, without having to feel a pinch in my wallet. Maybe if I had a staycation with 80 people, I'll finally be able to afford it.

Once again, it's freaking two in the morning and I have work the next day. I don't know why I do this to myself. Might have to get coffee from SweetSpot again, tsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment